cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Web based GUI development environment for Cocoon
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:09:31 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> writes:

> Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
> >Having said that, one of the things we are doing for our
> next version
> >of our internal development GUI is using a Flash front end.
> I wonder
> >if this is something that the Cocoon community in general
> would be able
> >to use?
> >

> Yes, definitely yes! See my answer to Luke in the "[RT] - XUL
> revisited...." thread.

Saw that.  Our stuff is our proprietary forms system; what's needed here
is cforms based stuff.  Even if I could get permission to post our stuff
I think it's so far from what the general community needs that our
interface won't help.

OTOH, having a generalized Flex generator would be compatible with where
we want to go and might be something we can contribute to. Flex, if it's
like the most recent Flash is "compressed", don't know the compression
scheme or if the raw data stream is publicly documented.  This might
take some reverse engineering or at least a bit research; our front guys
haven't yet started to look at Flex, we're currently using the most
recent version of Flash.  Anyone know if Flex is even something we could
really generate (legally) from Cocoon?