cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Web based GUI development environment for Cocoon
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:06:10 GMT
roy huang <lingererhuang@hotmail.com> writes:

> Agree!I believe this GUI as an application or an application
> core is better.It means developers using cocoon can use this
> core to build their application,like administration panel for
> form design or management.

Our system uses a Web based GUI for definition of the metadata and
screens, much like part of the proposal.

There are two major reasons you want use a Web based GUI for something
like Cocoon (and not restrict the development environment to something
like Eclipse):

1) the tools you develop for enabling development of the Cocoon are also
useful for other web applications;

2) it forces the developers to make Cocoon better for the development of
complex applications.

Having said that, one of the things we are doing for our next version of
our internal development GUI is using a Flash front end.  I wonder if
this is something that the Cocoon community in general would be able to
use?

<snip>"stravos" echoing a similar sentiment to Roy</snip>