cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Allowing redirects in handle-errors
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:16:43 GMT
Yes, resurfacing a topic from last year,
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105231353428562&w=2>
.. a change I voted -1 on at the time, no less!

He's my current situation, and afaik, a redirect in handle-errors is
what I need, but I may be wrong.

For a particular segment of my application, I am storing the
continuation ID for flow as a request parameter in the URL.

If a URL with an invalid continuation ID is invoked, I would like to
take the user to the start of the process rather than displaying an
error page. AFAIK, this needs a redirect-to in the handle-errors block.
I can think of several ways of working around this block, but I was
curious as to what others do in this situation, and if might warrant a
revote on the change :)
-pete