cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] don't edit files just for style changes?
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:18:33 GMT
On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 16:18, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Lately there have been several hints that people are annoyed by commits
> consisting only of style changes (rearranging imports, "cleaning up"
> indents) etc.

I think it boils down to whether the "style change" is an improvement or
not. Every improvement is welcome.

Fixing indents like:

for (...) {
    statements
       }

for (...) {
    statements
}

is a clear improvement.

Changing a simple if to a complex if:

if (...)
    one statement

    one statement
}

isn't IMO. We don't have any rules for this, so one person might be
changing them from the first style to the second style, while another
person might be doing the reverse.