cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Future of the Slide Source
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:50:12 GMT
Hi,

I currently think about the Slide/WebDAV access layer, since I
need it for my next project. The access to the Slide repository was my
first approach in the past, and perhaps not the best. The Slide API is
some parts very beautiful, but not intended to be used outside of Slide.
Nevertheless running Slide and Cocoon side by side is pretty cool.

So, I think the WebDAV access is the way to go. The Source IF is
already an abstraction layer, so I don't need another like JSR170(in my
POV).

The Repository IFs seems be more helper classes than components. And I
think we should using the Source objects instead to reflect all aspects
like locking, property handling etc.

My proposal is to drop the Slide Source, but leave the Slide server as
option, and using the Slide block in the same sense as the hsqldb block.
So that we can use Slide as WebDAV server for our WebDAV examples.

Thoughts?!

Stephan.

BTW, the WedDAV client of S&N is really nice, see
http://www.s-und-n.de/sunshine/ccos/produkte/webdavpilot