cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repository support for property queries (DASL?)
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:37:51 GMT
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 11:27, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>

> >>Besides, DASL isn't really a query language but rather a query wrapper:
> >>you're free to insert whatever query language you want (DAV:basicsearch
> >>being the most prominent one) inside DASL (which boils also to an HTTP
> >>method + a bunch of headers).
> >

> > However, the lenya community is searching for a repository interface. A
> > mandatory requirement for us is: Searching
> >
> > Otherwise we should better rely direct on a RDBMS, instead of using a
> > "poor man's" repository interface.
>
> Hrmpf. I'll try not to read between the lines of your post what can be
> an offense to whom designed the current interface, which don't seem that
> much a "poor man's" thing to me.

No. I did not want to offend anyone. I just wanted to say:
A repository without searching facilities does not meet my personal and
maybe not the requirements of the Lenya community.

The current WebDAVRepository and the Repsitory interface itself are
really good, but it lacks searching at the mom. And as I see this is a
difficult topic.

I'm just looking for sth. we can use.

Again, I very much like the repository interface as it is, because it is
simple and, not regarding searching, useable and working.

--
Regards,

    Rolf Kulemann