cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RepsitoryPropertyHelper.getProperty(depth)?
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 17:46:56 GMT
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 19:57, Guido Casper wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
[...]
> > BTW: How should it be possible to receive lets say "all child nodes" of
> > a collection/node using the repository interface? Or is it a concern of
> > a RepositorySource?
>
> No, some mechanism to retrieve collection members (getChildren() or
> getMembers()) would be a welcome addition to the Repository interface IMO.

Ok. I wonder what those methods should return and how the signature
looks like.
Do we need sth. like a Node class/object?

interface Node{

   // We could move this from the repository interface
   String getContentAsString();
   Doucment getContentAsDocument();
   However getContentAsHowever();

   String/Property getProperty(String name);
   List getChildren(); // Returns a list of Nodes...uups this should be
on the repository interface
}

I do not know if this is a good idea, but sth. should be returned.

What should be returned by repository.getChildren(....) ?
What about the signature?

Guido and others, I'm really curious about what u think of the
getChildren() method.

--
Regards,

    Rolf Kulemann