cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] RepositorySource
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:53:48 GMT
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 18:46, Stephan Michels wrote:
> Am Do, den 08.04.2004 schrieb Guido Casper um 17:08:
> > Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> > > Looking at the repository block, one will see that there is already a
> > > RepositorySource, but that source and the RepositorySourceFactory are
> > > not meant to be used with the new Repository interface from Guido.
> > >
> > > What I have in mind is:
> > >
> > > A new RepositorySourceFactory should simply look up the appropriate
> > > respositroy via the RepositoryManager and pass that to RepsitorySource.
> > > The source than acts on the Repository interface to provide a sources
> > > functionality.
> > >
> > > Does this make sense?
> >
> > It does.
> > However please consider the Repository interface unstable (if not at
> > "proposal stage", but definately not finished) and I currently wouldn't
> > move too quick building further components on top of it.
> >
> > If you need a Source for accessing WebDAV, why not use the WebDAVSource?
>
> What the status of the WebDAVSource? It seems that it doesn't implement
> any versioning. Or am I wrong?
>
> Do you have plan to do something in this direction?

I do not plan to use the WebDAVSource at all. At the mom I use WebDAV
versioning via the Repository and its VersioningHelper.
See the WebDAV block and the WebDAVRepsitory.getVersioningHelper.

But the repository stuff is lacking other things than versioning i.e. I
can not retrieve a collection of nodes i.e. in a iterator.

--
Regards,

    Rolf Kulemann