cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new blocks.properties way more painful to use
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:57:14 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
<snip/>

> Thanks for the constructive idea. I have it working now the following
> way: internal.exclude set through include set through exclude property.
> In blocks.properties there are #include=false lines (except for the
> deprecated ones), blocks are included by default. This solution would
> bring back Stefano's uncommenting/commenting, but has one down side: the
> deprecated blocks excluded via include=false in blocks.properties can
> not be included by exclude=false (as it is possible now, backwards
> compatibility), but must be included by include=true.
>
> WDYT? Commit?

Good on you, Joerg. Thanks for this important work. You would
have needed your logic hat firmly fixed to your head to write
both the code and the above paragraph.

The "down side" is not so bad. People should need to do
specific and deliberate actions to include deprecated stuff.

+1 to commit.

--David