cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [RT] - XUL revisited....
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:49:26 GMT
I'm wondering though what the value of this is.

The main advantage of CForms is to handle the typical problem of HTML
forms: the form needs to be redisplayed in a loop until everything's
valid. This is because the browser is a stupid client which we need to
send a new page after each interaction.

If you're developing a smarter client using XUL or Flash, you're not
likely going to send a new XUL file or Flash movie to the browser
between each interaction. Rather, all validation logic (and event
handling logic) can be implemented in the client, which can communicate
XML messages with the server. Somehow forcing CForms in between there
seems unnatural to me.