cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Problem creating (WebDAV) resources with new repository interface
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 13:57:19 GMT
Hello (Guido),

I have done a small js file to test the functionalities of the new
WebDAVRepository[1] using the NEW Repository[2] interface.

I encountered a problem creating new reosurces.
It does not work when using saveContent(String, String) on the [1]/[2].

Normally, looking at the WebDAVUtil class, there is a special method
createResource(URI) which is used to create a new resource.

The problem is, the repository interface does not provide such a method,
yet.

Does it make sense to add a method called makeResource to the Repository
interface ??

In order to omit the makeResource method, the saveContent method should
test if the given resource exists, and if so, a different constructor
for the WebDAVResource in saveContent has to be used. Additionally we
could overload saveContent like saveContent(String url, String content,
boolean create) etc.

Makes sense? Or have I missed a way to create a new resource?

--
Regards,

    Rolf Kulemann