cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repository
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:30:09 GMT
On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 11:40, Guido Casper wrote:
> >>-link management
> >

> > What do u mean? I thin forrests LinkRewriter is doing a fine job. Please
> > explain your idea in more detail.
>
> I'm thinking of managing linking information within metadata/properties
> in a bidirectional way so that broken links may be prevented/detected
> early on in the authoring process.

Mmmh. Ok, I understand your requirement. I thought, if we use "hrefs"
like "site:..." and the LinkRewriter we do not need to care about broken
links etc, since we refer to a symbolic href target in docs only. We
only need to maintain the link db for the LinkRewriter which itself (the
db) is a doc in the repository.

Does that make sense?

> >>-a RepositorySource(2)
> >

> > I thought of that, too. Please explain your idea in more detail :)
> >
> > So u want users to act on a RepositrySource instance instead of the
> > single interfaces like TraversableSource and VersionableSource for
> > example?
>
> No, I mean a Source implementation implementing all the needed
> subinterfaces while operating only on the Repository interface
> (currently lacking getChildren() etc. for the traversable stuff). So
> that not every repository needs to implement its own Source.

Ah, ok.

> For a particular repository, implementing the Repository interface may
> in summary be the same amount of work (although you may be less
> distracted by the special semantics of Sources), but you get more
> functionality (and better testability) and the Source implementation
> comes for free.

Ok.

A very important question for me:

When can there be some alpha code seeds available in cvs?

I saw there is sth. changing already in the repository block.
I'm especially interested in versioning of the rep. sources.

--
Regards,

    Rolf Kulemann