cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [Kernel22] How to develop a component?
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:04:51 GMT

I have situations where you can have zero or one instance,
but not two or more.

For example, a DB has an upper limit to the number of connections
it can handle. If a component is a client of the DB (it is a
connection pool), I want to know that I either have no connection
pool, or exactly one connection pool.

If you suddenly run two side-by-side, then the new pool will
never acquire a connection, while the old one will hold on
to the ones it has acquired until it is released (and who
knows when that may be).

/LS