cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject CocoonComponentManager
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:25:03 GMT
I've recently started thinking about embedding Cocoon
in another application.

One of the issues that I have is the CocoonComponentManager -
since I use another component manager in the application, I'd
like to just host the TreeProcessor in that manager.

The issue I have is that CocoonComponentManager exposes a number
of static methods that makes it imposible to replace. I.e.
you have components (TreeProcessor) that really do care about what
container they are in.

I can't subclass the CocoonComponentManager, since TreeProcessor
refers to the class by name.

But what I could do is this (and this is what I propose to do):

    Move the static methods out from CocoonComponentManager and
    put them in the Context.

The CocoonComponentManager could then expose those methods via
a custom InternalCocoonContext interface that extends the
Context interface.

This would remove all static methods, and I'd be able to host
a TreeProcessor in many other containers.

/LS