cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [Kernel22] How to develop a component?
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:27:44 GMT

> From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
>
> If you have two blocks in the avalon sandbox, you could share them
> between them, but there is no (easy? elegant?) way you can pass them
> arond *OUTSIDE* the sandbox and still allow blocks to be hotswappable
> and runtime polymorphic.
>
> [I would gladly be proven wrong here!]

You will not be proven wrong for all cases of Avalon components, but
for certain types of such components it is perfectly possible to
pass them around outside of the sandbox.

What remains is to figure out is under what conditions Avalon
components can be passed around and hot-swapped. I think we'll capture
something like 90%-95% of the business logic components that Carsten
and I are worried about. The remaining 5%-10%? We'll deal with them
when needed.

/LS