cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: woody2.js: custom validation issue in cocoon-2.1.2 to 2.1.4
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:31:10 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <sylvain <at> apache.org> writes:

> >I have committed it this way to the forms block in CVS:
> >
> >if (finished) {
> >    if (this.validator == null) {
> >        this.isValid = this.form.isValid();
> >    } else {
> >        this.isValid = this.form.isValid()
> >                       & this.validator(this.form, bizData);
> >    }
> >    finished = this.isValid;
> >}
> >
> >Should work as well. Can you test it?
> >

> This was written that way on purpose, in order for the flow-level
> validation do be assured that the form was valid and not to care about
> it. This change means that flow-level validation has now to check if the
> form is valid, which may break some of the existing uses.

IMO it's really bad usability to present the user the validation results in
multiple steps. I have the same problem at the moment for the
wd:validation/wd:javascript, this is also only executed after the form itself is
valid. If you add in the form1.xml a @required="true" to the email and make a
duplicate entry for the firstname, you first have to fill all emails to get the
validation on unique names running.

IMO it must be possible to get a form validated completely in one submit, not
"fixing the last issue, submit, ... again three errors :-(".

> Note that I plan to remove this feature in CForms as we can now add
> arbitrary validators on the Form itself.

"this feature" is this.validator? What exactly does "this" refer to at the
moment? And later it will be this.form.validator or
this.form.addValidator(validator) or something similar?

Joerg