cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: forms vs form in woody rename
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:19:48 GMT
Bruno Dumon <bruno <at> outerthought.org> writes:

> I'm wondering if there is some logic behind why, while most of the time
> woody has been renamed to "forms", sometimes it got renamed to just
> "form".
>
> For example:
> * FormTemplateTransformer instead of FormsTemplateTransformer
> * "form" for the i18n catalogue name instead of "forms"
>
> I find this rather confusing.

It was me and it was by intention. For me names like FormsMessages or
FormsGenerator sounded strange. Furthermore after the renaming of all occurences
of Woody to Forms we had inconsistences at that places where we had already Form
in the woody block, e.g. FormContext, FormManager vs. FormsGenerator and so on
(an extreme example was MakeFormAction vs. AbstractFormsAction). So I renamed
everything to Form or form instead of Forms and forms. Only the package,the
block and the namespaces have still forms inside.

Do I have forgotten something to change or is even the above described "logic"
to confusing? I pointed out the usage of singular before the renaming was done
but it seemed not to attract attention.

WDYT?

Joerg