cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [cforms] selection list binding
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:38:41 GMT
Ugo Cei <u.cei <at> cbim.it> writes:

> > <wb:javascript id="filter.object" path="objects" direction="load">
> >   <wb:load-form>
> >     var objects = jxpathPointer.getNode();
> >     widget.setSelectionList(objects, "id", "name")
> >   </wb:load-form>
> > </wb:javascript>
> >
> > The question is just if this could be added with a "real" element in the wb
> > namespace, e.g. wb:list and the path has to point to a collection.
>
> Isn't <wd:selection-list type="flow-jxpath"> what you're looking for? If
> I'm not mistaken, it's already there.

Thanks for your answer, Ugo, I only do not get your point.

My problem was about binding and I solved it with the above wb:javascript code
and it works for the moment. But I could imagine that I'm not the only one
binding selection lists to a collection, so maybe adding an element like the
above mentioned wb:list could replace the need for the wb:javascript above. It's
like the sample on the wiki - instead you can simply use wb:value.

Now what should @type="flow-jxpath" change, especially as it is in the form
definition? setSelectionList() also works without specifying the @type, even
without having wd:selection-list in the form definition.

Joerg