cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [RT] On building on stone
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:34:01 GMT

> * Increasing burden on potential users in that they have to learn
>   yet another container.  As several folks have pointed out, there
>   are many containers.  Too many for anyone developer to ever really
>   understand.

agree, YAC(tm) Yet Another Container to learn - now that i grasped the
avalon stuff and was going to start using it heavily on other projects
as well (and reusing my cocoon avalon components on the way - nifty!).

This thread makes me wonder if i should still invest any time in Avalon
based development at all. All this negative stuff about its community
and future is not so visible to normal-developer-user eyes, well for me
it was an eye-opener (pun intented).

Jorg