cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplej...@quoininc.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV status in cocoon
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:26:28 GMT
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Ugo Cei wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
> > I was thinking specifically regarding the choice between Cocoon and
> > Slide as a WebDAV server, but I think Slide is the better choice over
> > mod_dav/catacomb as well. Simply because it supports more WebDAV (DACL,
> > Binding) in a more flexible way. It has an interception mechanism which
> > I currently use to publish cache invalidation events to a JMS topic
> > with. It has a pluggable storage system that allows you to plugin a
> > custom store. There is a lively community actively implementing the
> > latest WebDAV specifications.
>
> Thank you. I had fought with the installation of Slide 2.0beta1 and,
> apart from the problem with MacOSX, the installation docs didn't seem to
> be either clear or updated, so I decided to try mod_dav, which proved to
> be a more pleasant experience, since it worked right out of the box
> (these days I tend to disregard products that don't work at the first
> try). But after hearing this, I'll give Slide another try.

As another data point, I just went through the process of evaluating
slide.  The installation went fine but I was not able to get it to
interoperate with any client other than the slide command line
client.  In particular, I simply wasn't able to get Windows XP to
work with slide which, unfortunately, was a must for me.

I simply couldn't get the cocoon slide block to work.

I finally implemented a solution with apache webdav.  It had its own
interoperability problems but I was able to work through them.

--
JP