cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject FYI: New Sitemap Treeprocessor for 2.2
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:04:39 GMT
Hi,

to avoid double efforts in the same area, I just wanted to
inform you that I will try to write a new tree processor
for 2.2 in the next few days.

Why? There are several reasons:
- Reverting to ECM in 2.2 requires some changes to the
  tree processor used in 2.1.x anyway
- Implementing Virtual Sitemap Components
- Implementing Inheritance of Views
- Being Container Independent
- Adding a profiling/debugging api
So, apart from reverting to ECM, I will start to implement
some of the new features we planned for 2.2. Please note
that we haven't discussed all points from above in detail
but I think it's easier to discuss on an implementation
base instead of duing endless discussions.

I will try to reuse as much as possible from both tree
processors (2.1 and 2.2). And I hope to come up with
a working solution by the end of next week.

Thanks
Carsten