cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Forwarding of internal pipeline calls
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:15:26 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > Secondly, we have to define means for handle-errors to be used on
> > internal requests (i.e. SitemapSource). And in that case, as you
> > outlined, this can be determined by the caller (the place where the
> > "cocoon:" occurs) or in the callee (the called pipeline).
> >
> > - by the caller, I don't see any other way than using an additional
> > parameter as you proposed above. But instead of "cocoon:forward",
> > naming it "cocoon:handle-errors" seems more adequate.
>

> Do you mean request parameter here?
Yes.

> I'd prefer not to pollute
> request parameters with internal cocoon stuff. This reminds
> me of recently fixed header action which was iterating over
> sitemap parameters. Similarly, users may rely in theirs code
> on request parameters and iterate over them. Adding cocoon's
> internal stuff as request parameters will break this. And
> same may happen with source cache URIs discussed recently...

No, not really. The clever trick is to use invalid request parameter
names that have a kind of namespace prefix, like cocoon:forward.
All parameters with this namespace are filtered out by the core
and not visible for the internal pipeline.

The question is, what is better, placing it on the caller or on
the called pipeline (doing both seems a little bit like FS). I
don't know.

Carsten