cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: FYI: New Sitemap Treeprocessor for 2.2
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:01:01 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> >Hi,
> >
> >to avoid double efforts in the same area, I just wanted to
> inform you that I will try to write a new tree processor for
> 2.2 in the next few days.
> >
> >Why? There are several reasons:
> >- Reverting to ECM in 2.2 requires some changes to the tree
> processor
> >used in 2.1.x anyway
> >

> Curious : are these changes those related to the changes on
> Environment, or are there more?

Not only, we removed some of the deprecated component stuff in
2.2 (excalibur component selector etc.)

> >- Implementing Virtual Sitemap Components
> >- Implementing Inheritance of Views
> >

> I do have some ideas about this and am willing to
> participate. Where do we start?

Here on my PC :) Now, seriously, I already started implementing
the virtual sitemap components (according to the discussions months
ago) some weeks ago, but failed due to the problems with Fortress :(
I'm currently trying to get a first version up and running by
wednesday (hopefully). Then I will commit the changes and
we can continue developing here (= our CVS).

> >- Being Container Independent
> >

> Is it really possible? There needs to be some dependency on
> the container somehow to create and fill it, no?

Sure, but I hope to fit everthing into a single class which should
make moving to another container much easier (just replace this
one class, and that's it). That's currently not possible.

> >- Adding a profiling/debugging api
> >

> Cool. It would be good for this API not to be limited to the
> sitemap only, but also be able to include other components
> such as JXTemplate, XSP, CForms, etc.

Yes, exactly - I won't do much in this area, but will try to
make it easier to plug something into the sitemap processor
as the first step.

> >So, apart from reverting to ECM, I will start to implement
> some of the new features we planned for 2.2. Please note that
> we haven't discussed all points from above in detail but I
> think it's easier to discuss on an implementation base
> instead of duing endless discussions.
> >
> >I will try to reuse as much as possible from both tree
> processors (2.1 and 2.2). And I hope to come up with a
> working solution by the end of next week.
> >

> With all features? That's quick!

:) - Ehm,...,hmm....hmmmm....ok, perhaps not with all
features, but some of them :)

More soon.

Carsten