cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Kernel2.2] Source Resolving
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:00:13 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > Now, I know that the original kernel should be as small as possible
> > and if possible without references to any other projects
> which is in
> > general great and ok, but I think for Cocoon it's better to use
> > existing parts whereever possible.
>
> Well, the balance will be hard to find, but I think that
> avalon source resolving cannot be used without importing all
> the heck of Avalon itself and its dependencies, so how would
> you plan to import it in the new environment without an
> almost complete rewrite?

Ah, ok, I wasn't very clear :)

First, I think we should use the interfaces (SourceResolver and SOurce)
from excalibur. Apart from the package name they have no dependency
to anything else at Avalon. And I think using these interfaces is
the key concern.

Then most of the implementation is "avalon free" as well.

Third, the package will be put to sleep over at avalon anyway as it
doesn't comply to the Merlin component standard, so it makes sense
to take over this source anyway.

Carsten