cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/tools/targets webapp-build.xml
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:20:23 GMT
Geoff Howard

> Knowing that properties are already replaced, do you see a
> purpose for this still?

Yes, filtering :) Just use a @loglevel@ in a patch file for the
logging configuration, and without the patch it doesn't work.
Now, if I understand it correctly now (I have to sort out the
difference between filtering and properties), this only affects
the following values:
    <filter token="Name"                value="${fullname}"/>
    <filter token="name"                value="${fullname}"/>
    <filter token="year"                value="${year}"/>
    <filter token="version"             value="${version}"/>
    <filter token="date"                value="${TODAY}"/>
    <filter token="released.version"    value="${released.version}"/>
    <filter token="loglevel"            value="${build.webapp.loglevel}"/>
The only really meaningful is loglevel.

Do I understand you correctly that if I would write
${build.webapp.loglevel} in my patch file instead @loglevel@, it would
work? If so, we could simply add a loglevel property with the
value from ${build.webapp.loglevel} and switch from @loglevel@
to ${loglevel} and remove my changes. That would be great and we
all are happy then :)

Carsten