cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] On building on stone
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:19:06 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> <SNIP/>
>
> So, here is my detailed proposal:
>
>   1) implement our own framework and container in order to
> implement cocoon blocks [this creates the solid foundation
> that we control]
>
>   2) create an avalon emulation layer for the legacy
> components that would allow avalon components to run
> unmodified [this allows users to have a smooth migration path
> and no immediate impact on their development/mainteinance costs]
>
>   3) operate as incrementally as possible and work to change
> as little code as possible [this makes the community
> transition smoother, reduces enthropy and bugs introduced by
> the new code]
>
>   4) keep the framework and container *MINIMAL* to our own
> needs. [we WILL NOT redistribute the framework independently]
>
>   5) the name for our framework+container will be simply Cocoon Core
>
>   6) I volunteer to help directly in writing code

+100 for all points ,especially for point 2)

The container is our core and it is much easier and also safer to
maintain our own container than to rely on someone else. In the past
years we always had to struggle each time the used container changed
in an unforseeable way. With our own container, our core is
independent. Great!

Carsten