cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Event caching and CachedSource
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:52:27 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> I'd also like to change the protocol URL a little bit. Since
> the timeout parameter will only be applicable to the delay
> refresher implementation and not to the event aware one I
> think it would be better to specify it with a query parameter instead.
>
> Current syntax: cache://60@main@http://www.apache.org/
> Proposed syntax:
> cache:http://www.apache.org/?cache-expires=60&cache-name=main
>
> The protocol:subprotocol syntax is also more in line with
> well established conventions such as in jdbc for instance.
>
> Let me know if you have any objections or comments.

No objections from me, but the parameters must have clear names,
which means there shouldn't be a conflict. Imagine:

cache:http://www.apache.org/?cache-expires=60&cache-name=main&expires=500

(Dumb example, I know) But what I mean is that the real url/source
could also have parameters and it must be clear which ones are
for the cache source and which ones are for the real source,
so perhaps something like "cocoon-cache..." or perhaps better
using invalid names like "cocoon:cache=60"?

Carsten