cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: documentation about performance and efficiency and caching
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:06:05 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> My current mission is to fine one of our Cocoon apps to deal
> with an in-efficient document presentation job.
>
> The various docs and wiki and cocoon.xconf and other config
> seem a bit haphazard and conflicting, so i am trying to
> polish them as i go.
>
> One thing is the comment at:
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonPerformance
> <quote>
> The advice in the cocoon.xconf file seems to suggest your
> store janitor heapsize should be about 2% less than your max
> heap size (-Xmx setting).
> ...snip... seems high to me.
> </quote>
>
> What do they mean? Are our cocoon.xconf comments still correct?

The last time I had to find memory leaks/problems for a customer
the values for the store janitor were wrong. At that time I
debugged the code and found out the above solution (2% less etc.).
And the settings worked very well. I think this is approx. eight
months ago, but I guess the comments in our xconf are still
appropriate.

Carsten