cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: java continuations
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:18:34 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Dear friends and folks,
>
> as already announce on the PMC list we now have another flow
> implementation for java!
>
> Stephan completed my proof-of-concept and replaced the Brakes
> stuff by an own implementation. So we are now fully in ASL land.
>
> We would like to commit this implementation as a block. It
> comes with examples so anyone can give it a try.
>
> The block is currently named "jflow". But we also talked
> about "javaflow". So what would you guys prefer:
>
> [ ] jflow
> [ ] javaflow
> [ ] ________

I really value all the work and effort that you all put into this,
but I would say:

[X] nah... put it somewhere else

We only want to have one flow implementation (language), which is
Javascript. If we put the Java version as a block in our CVS, it
immediately looks like that if we would have two and more implementations
or even worse, that the JavaScript implementation was a mistake.
And then the confusion about "Which one should I use?", "Which
one is better?", "How long is the JavaScript impl. supported?" etc.
starts. And I would really like to avoid this.

It's ok for me, to evaluate the Java Continuations and decide later
which version to support (with a clear migration path if required),
so I would prefer to put it somewhere else (sf, cocoondev etc.).
If everyone else wants to have it directly in our cocoon cvs then
I would prefer the scratchpad block.

Carsten