cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [portal] Multiple Portal Configurations in cocoon.xconf
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:22:17 GMT
Alex Romayev wrote:
> > No, just another entry:
> > <portal name="anotherportal">
>
> OK, where is this name going to be used?  Is it the name of
> the application in sitemap or application's configuration?

Both: the name of the application configuration in the sitemap
for the authentication and each sitemap component that requires
a "portal-name" parameter (portal generator etc.)

> One thing I wanted to do was to have both the sample portal
> and my portal available in development env and only my portal
> available in production env.  I understand, if I don't build
> samples in production, portal configuration will not be
> available.
Yes.

> At the same time if I have my own configuration,
> then in development it will be conflicting with the sample
> one.  Is this correct?
Yes :(

> Any ideas on how to get around this?

Give the components you want to use in your portal an own/unique
name, so that this name doesn't conflict with the demo portal.
For example, give every renderer you use a different name etc.

Carsten