cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/tools/targets webapp-build.xml
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:47:39 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Geoff Howard wrote:
>
> >>   Modified:    .        status.xml
> >>                tools/targets webapp-build.xml
> >>   Log:
> >>      <action dev="CZ" type="fix" fixes-bug="27217" due-to="Andreas
> >> Hartmann" due-to-email="andreas@apache.org">
> >>        Build System: Apply filtering to patched
> configurations coming
> >> from the different blocks (loglevel etc.)
> >>      </action>
> >

> > Was this necessary?  We already have property substitution
> working -
> > is filtering also necessary?  It seems to create extra
> overhead (all
> > those new copies).
Ok, this feature has been requested by users (bug 27217) and if you
use properties in the configuration of the blocks (like loglevel,
see below) then these values are not replaced which is imho very
bad. So I fixed this and yes this requires copying/filtering four
files which might add another second to the ten minutes build time :)

Anyway, if you (or someone else) thinks that this isn't necessary
then I can revert it and we will close the bug with "wontfix".

> Even worse, it does not work. Tried it with the
> forms-category.xlog in the form block and set the
> @log-level="@loglevel@". Came out in logkit.xconf unreplaced.

Hmm. It did work when I tested it yesterday at home, but here on my
laptop it doesn't work. Interesting. Anyway, I just changed it and
now it works.

Carsten