cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Accepting new blocks
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:54:09 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> I agree with this for core blocks.
>
> Will there be a different central repository then for the
> more exotic blocks that don't offer core functionality? Your
> community rule might hold people back from creating blocks
> for the fun of it.
> Example: i've been thinking about creating a text-to-speech
> block just for the learning experience. Unlikely that more
> than 3 committers need this, so where will it end up if i
> want to donate it?
>
> There was a discussion a few months ago about the need for a
> blocks.cocoondev.org alike site, maybe this is relevant again
> now? By default you would allow all blocks into an incubation
> phase and do a vote on the ones to absorb in the cocoon dist.

Each block is more or a less a separate (sub) project. So there
definitly needs to be a community around it before it should end
up in our CVS. We failed at this point in the past. Take a
look at some blocks we have, there are quiet a lot that don't
have a community. So we should start considering this point
with new contributions and I think Bertrands proposal is simple
but good enough.

Carsten