cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [Kernel2.2] Source Resolving
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:56:57 GMT
I just had some quick looks at the new kernel 2.2 and the
first topic to discuss is source resolving :)

Cocoon uses the excalibur source resolving package to resolve
any resources (file, http, cocoon pipelines etc.).
The kernel currently uses a similar construct
but with new interfaces and implementations.

In order to reuse what we already have and to be
"more compatible" to Cocoon 2.0/2.1, I would suggest to use
the sourcer resolver package here as well.
Another reason is that we need a Source Resolver for the sitemap
components anyway. Most sitemap components get the source resolver
as a parameter in the setup (or act etc.) method.

Now, I know that the original kernel should be as small as possible
and if possible without references to any other projects which is
in general great and ok, but I think for Cocoon it's better to use
existing parts whereever possible.

Ah, and if you think that one problem is that the sourceresolver
package is hosted at avalon, we can/should solve this as well.

WDYT?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG