cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [portal] Multiple Portal Configurations in cocoon.xconf
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:36:11 GMT
Alex Romayev wrote:
> Is it possible to have multiple portal configurations?
Yes, it should be, though I've never tested it :)

>  I've looked at portal.samplesxconf and
> authportal.samplesxconf.  It
> seems that the place to define portals is here:
>
> <portals>
>   <!-- Configure your portals here: -->
>   <portal name="portal">
>
> <profile-manager>org.apache.cocoon.portal.profile.ProfileManag
> er/Auth</profile-manager>
>   </portal>
> </portals>
>
> If I want to use the same ProfileManager class, should I create a
> different role here?
No, just another entry:
<portal name="anotherportal">

 <profile-manager>org.apache.cocoon.portal.profile.ProfileManag
 er/Auth</profile-manager>
</portal>

> Now, I don't understand how various portal components, like
> renderers,
> coplets, etc are linked to the specific portal
> configuration.  Unless
> the idea is to use them across portals?

Yes, this is the current idea - all components should be usable in
each portal (to make the configuration a little bit easier :) ). So
declaring a portal like listed above and using that portal in the
sitemap should do it (hopefully).

Carsten