cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [portal] JSR168 portlets problems under PortalEngine
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 18:24:01 GMT
Michal Durdina wrote:

> Hi,
> I found some problems while running jakarta-pluto testsuite
> under CocoonPortalEngine. I would like to report them and
> offer help if needed.

Great, really appreciated!

> 1. test2.jsp: Call to
> portalContext.getSupportedWindowStates() returns null.

I fixed this (hopefully) yesterday morning in the CVS.

> 2. test2.jsp: Call to renderRequest.getParameter("testName")
> returns null after 2.nd and every other render() was called.
> Portlet container should preserve request parameters sent
> upon 1.st request for every subsequent call of render() in
> the portlet which was not target of the subsequent client
> request (JSR-168spec chap. 11.1.1 ยง3). But jakarta-pluto is
> also doing this, so it's not exactly cocoon problem.

Did you test the latest pluto version?

> 3. test3.jsp: Submit to url created by
> renderResponse.createRenderURL();
> url.setWindowState(WindowState.MAXIMIZED); changes correctly
> return value of renderRequest.getWindowState() to
> "maximized", but the portlet window actually does not
> maximize. By contrast when submit to url with
> WindowState.MINIMIZED is executed, the portlet windows
> minimizes but stays minimized forever - I could not get it to
> normal size by clicking window icons.
>
> 4. test4.jsp: Simmilar to point 2. but at this time
> parameters set by _action_ are not preserved. When testing in
> jakarta-pluto, they are.
>
> My testing env:
> cocoon-portal block build from CVS (04.march.2003)
> jakarta-testuite built from CVS (04.march.2003)

Thanks for reporting this! I think the best way is if you file bugs
into bugzilla. Please enter a bug to the Cocoon bugs if the
problem is only with the Cocoon portal and to Pluto's bug list
if the bug is in Pluto as well.

I will try to update the version of Pluto used in Cocoon to the
latest version in the next days and then have a look at the bugs
you described.

Many thanks!

Carsten