cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Kernel2.2] Source Resolving
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:25:58 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> I don't think there are going to be more, as blocks libraries
> themselves can be represented as a directory (File) and a JAR
> archive (JarFile)... So, for resolution of sources _between_
> block, nothing else should get in the way...
Hmm, what if Cocoon is deployed as a war file and the servlet
container doesn't unpack the war to the file system?

> If we want to build the full resolver inside the framework
> itself, and therefore the "resolve" method in "Wirings" and
> "Wire" will accept "block:wiring:/path" instead of only
> "wiring:/path", then yes, I agree with you that source
> resolution should be closer (or same as) Excalibur's SourceResolver.

Currently, I don't know which way is better :) Perhaps I have to
understand the whole thing before I should comment on just some
parts...

> Only "issue" I might see with that is that Excalibur's Source
> doesn't have the "isDirectory()" and "children()" methods,
> so, well, I don't absolutely like it because it's prone to hacks.

Ah, this is in a sub interface of Source (TraversableSource or something
like that).

Carsten