cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert <t...@lunartek.com>
Subject Re: Instrumentation, anyone?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 05:50:01 GMT
XDoclet is a good generator, but the license is wrong for Apache.
Using straight Introspection can and will expose things that you do not
wish to allow users to alter on the fly.

Unfortunately I'm completely snowed under until March 29th.  After that
date I will get back to working on JMX for cocoon.  I suggested using
the MX4J libraries as they are under an Apache license already, but
haven't heard any thoughts here.

Aside:
We used some of the AdventNet products and they all seemed to work very
well.  I only used their SNMP libraries, so I can't comment on their
other tools.  I used XDoclet to generate MBeans instead.

We could use XML Descriptors that could be used to create dynamic
MBeans.  As for generation, we could generate MBeans directly, or XML
descriptors from comments in the code (a'la XDoclet), the downside to
this requires having access to (and modifying) the source code.

Carsten, if your offering to answer questions on Avalon, that would be
way cool.

Let me know which way you think will fit in the best way for cocoon'ers
and I can start on that in April.

Cheers,
Thor HW