cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert <t...@lunartek.com>
Subject Re: [RT] On building on stone
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:06:43 GMT
Cool, I'll wait to see the write-up.  I've used JMX (and its
communication style) now on several small cores for products where I
wanted to have flexibility of implementations, but wanted fixed
descriptions of a particular service.

And yes, we did use Jini to manage the components and their security
across nodes.  There are a few services that use Jini to manage cache,
state, and messaging across JVMs, even if they are on the same physical
server.  The nice thing there was that by using smart proxies we could
have a service, or a cache between a pool of JVMs on a single host
(because they can and will disappear) with the same effort and
management across multiple servers.

The MD5Url for loading in versions of components that I mentioned
earlier comes from the newer releases of Jini.

There's some pretty cool stuff out the there to look at and borrow
ideas from.

Cheers,
Thor HW