cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: From Woody to CocoonForms
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 14:44:15 GMT
> I could be wrong (that happens often enough), but what if we
> eventually
> replace Woody/Cocoon Forms with something better?  If it is very
> different then IMHO just a namespace version change 1.0->2.0, etc. may
> not make a lot of sense.  A new name may be in order at that point.
> If we start the pattern with CForms then we have a non-fantasy name,
> while still leaving room for future names for new forms frameworks
> (Super Forms -> SForms, etc.)

+1 from me. :-)

I thought of the present variations, which are all nominated for
deprecation, but yes, looking to the future you keep the possibility of
distinction.

Yes, ideally there will be only one type of forms and nothing more, but I
suppose that was the idea too when XMLForms emerged.

Why not meet halfway: wforms as a contribution to the old name (woody) and
allow for a possible future sforms.

I think Cocoon is powerful enough "as a brand" to allow for different names.
After all, reading into Cocoon dropped many more projects/names etc. in my
lap: avalon, excalibur, xindice, poi, batik, etc.
Ok, woody "emerged" from Cocoon, and I don't want to repeat the "yes/no
renaming discussion", but I don't think you have to be that strict.

Bye, Helma