cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert <t...@lunartek.com>
Subject Re: [RT] On building on stone
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:42:55 GMT
I was wondering what the Geronimo folks were up to.  The 14 seconds
I've spent so far looks like they are using JMX to load in all of the
services (a hint from the boot.mlet).  I'll try and get a better look
asap and see how they are managing messaging between components.

Cheers,
Thor HW

On 29-Mar-04, at 7:14 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Since you guys are talking about JMX based stuff. Please take a look
> at the GBean/Kernel stuff in
> Geronimo. It's very rich, comprehensice and based on JMX.
>
> -- dims
>
> --- Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert <thor@lunartek.com> wrote:
>> It could be we're talking about much the same things.
>> JMX provides instrumentation capabilities, and standard services, one
>> of the standard services is the loading/un-load of archives using the
>> MLet service.
>>
>> There is a strong rumour you've already finished the kernel Pier ...
>> if
>> so share I'm dying to see it.
>>
>> If not, then please have a look at the MLet capabilities for loading
>> and unloading.  I think loading and MD5Url using the MLet loader would
>> be a good thing and since it is already built for us in MX4J as a
>> standard service ... why recreate it unless you find problems with the
>> concept as defined by JMX.  JMX is a bit more than just an SNMP agent
>> of sorts.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thor HW
>>

>> On 29-Mar-04, at 9:26 AM, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>>> On 29 Mar 2004, at 17:20, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia
>>> -

>>> I believe that we all agreed that the core should be instrumentable
>>> by
>>> JMX. I believe there's some confusion here between "instrumenting"