cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject My take on the Cocoon kernel...
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:46:42 GMT
Ok, while I'm still waiting for the final release signature of the
code, I'm refactoring stuff into Cocon's own package names (it's
happening, just a matter of time).

The best hint I got so far has been "org.apache.cocoon.kernel", which I
quite like, so, to keep you updated on how things are going, this is
how I'm organizing it:

org.apache.cocoon.kernel.composition
   - The package which deals with objects composition, and their
placement in a block-aware environment

org.apache.cocoon.kernel.configuration
   - The package with all component-usable configuration/parametrization
related classes

org.apache.cocoon.kernel.containment
   - Interfaces and classes usable by components to access some of the
functionality of the framework
     (Imagine a sitemap configured to look up the status of all deployed
blocks)

org.apache.cocoon.kernel.core
   - The default "core" implementation of the block container.
     (These classes shouldn't be accessible by "normal" blocks)

That's all for now...

	Pier