cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon Input Model
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:05:14 GMT
Le Lundi, 1 mars 2004, à 15:48 Europe/Zurich, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit
:

> ...I meant something a little bit more explicit:
>
> <map:generate type="request"/>
> <map:transform src="prepare-query-for-user-preferences"/>
> <map:transform type="sql"/>
> <map:store type="xml" dest="xmodule:request-attr:foo"/>
> <map:call function="myFlow()">
>   <map:parameter name="foo" value="{req-attr:foo}"/>
> </map:call/>
> <map:generate src="xmodule:flow-attribute:bar"/>
> <map:serialize/>
>
> Following the "to much magic kills the confidence"-principle, I prefer
> to describe exactly what happens in the sitemap.

Thanks for the clarification, and I see your point about being explicit.

> ...For this kind of use of flowscripts, the sendPage and
> sendPageAndContinue, functions should be dissabled to protect the user
> from confusing behaviour.

Makes sense. But couldn't the second generator
> <map:generate src="xmodule:flow-attribute:bar"/>
be replaced by the flow function calling sendPage() to another
pipeline, to cause less changes to the existing sitemap idioms?

-Bertrand