cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: regarding JCS usage...
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:03:11 GMT

WDYT?

Corin

-----Original Message-----
From: Unico Hommes [mailto:unico@hippo.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 March 2004 5:21 a.m.
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: regarding JCS usage...

Marco Rolappe wrote:

>I stumbled over the following thread in the hibernate forum about JCS
>problems:
>
>http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=924937
>

>thought it might be useful to know before going JCS. there's also an
>alternative (EHCache) mentioned.

Hmm, more bad news about JCS. It's beginning to look less and less
likely candidate for our caching needs. I've been talking with a guy on
the JCS users list who has created a patch for the JCS shutdown bug I
mentioned earlier. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon and I can
start doing some heavy testing to see for myself.

Unico

us online at http://www.tvnz.co.nz