cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: [JCS] Test drive
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:17:01 GMT

Hiya,

I agree with you there - this is the default behaviour of
setConfigFilename - it just wraps a properties reader (well, a method is
subsequently calls does), which of course requires the file to be in the
classpath.  When I first implemented that bit I didn't realise that it
was a properties reader - I was trying to do (as close as I could) a
line for line reimplementation of the AbstractJisp store.  The absolute
path thing is a bit of a red herring as they say (left over from the
directory set part of the JISP store.)

I suspect we should comment this part appropriately, so as not to
continue confusion.

Hope I didn't cause you too many hours of frustration ;)

Corin

-----Original Message-----
From: Unico Hommes [mailto:unico@hippo.nl]
Sent: Friday, 5 March 2004 10:11 a.m.
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [JCS] Test drive

Corin Moss wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> Someone may have gotten to this first - it means that the properties
> file for the JCS config isn't in your classpath.

I thought I tried that. Must be because I running from within Eclipse.

It does not make much sense to me though. Why first do
JCS.setConfigFilename() with the exact path location and then also
requiring it to be on the classpath later on?

I see why Carsten changed it to be directly under WEB-INF. When running
in developement mode under the eclipse classpath WEB-INF/classes is not
in scope for the classloader.

Unico