cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: regarding JCS usage...
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:16:03 GMT

problems.

Corin

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 March 2004 11:50 a.m.
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: regarding JCS usage...

Corin Moss wrote:

> Would it be worth polling the users and dev lists to get something of
> a "wish-list" for store functionality?

why don't we go back and see what is the problem we are trying so solve
instead of branching off like crazy?

we must store lots of objects persistently and retrieve them fast.

let's solve that issue first.

I think that a balanced btree implemented in a file system is the
easiest/most efficient way to go.

--
Stefano.

us online at http://www.tvnz.co.nz