cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [RT] On building on stone
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:47:23 GMT
On 25 Mar 2004, at 23:28, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia -
SPO) wrote:
> [...]

There are some similarities on the ideas, but JINI (as far as people
explained it to me when I was working @ Sun) is supposed to be
completely distributable on multiple network nodes. And I don't think
that as far as Cocoon is involved, someone would want to distribute a
single instance across multiple machines now...

Plus JINI includes all that all "Rendezvous-like" discovery protocol
which is so friggin' cool! :-P

	Pier