cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Maven (or something similar) for dependencies? (Was: Co coon's Rhino+continuations fork)
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:29:51 GMT
Le Vendredi, 12 mars 2004, à 17:54 Europe/Zurich, Torsten Curdt a écrit
:

> > Obviously, the kind of tricks being talked about here would
>> not allow us to redistribute Cocoon. Our customers would have to get
>> it
>> themselves - which, of course, is totally unacceptable.
>
> Wait, wait, wait... from what I understand you may!
> ...but *you* would have take care to respect all the
> licenses that are included in this redistribution
> by *yourself*! Seems like the ASF wants to step back
> not covering the risk anymore....

That's how I understood it as well. But you're right that we should
wait on more info/decisions from the board before going too far with
the licensing discussions (which, again and IMHO, are distinct from a
decision about using Maven-like smart download tools or not).

-Bertrand