cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Internet Explorer, XHTML, and CForms
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:29:04 GMT
On 23 Mar 2004, at 23:26, Steve Krulewitz wrote:

> Tim Larson recently brought up the issue of the serialized
> representation of empty tags when using the XMLSerializer for serving
> XHTML [1].  This was sparked from a thread I had started on the users
> list about this issue.  I've done some considerable hair pulling over
> the past day, and I think I finally nailed it down.

I thought I fixed it into the XHTML serializers I put in the scratchpad
with the old Garbage implmentation, but looking at the code right now,
err, no I didn't...

I hear you, the serializers for plain XHTML are quite nasty... I
noticed some odd behavior also on the <script> and <style> tags (not
all browsers like when they look like <tag />).

Well, anyhow, I fixed it now, if you want to try it out, check if this
serializer works for you:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/scratchpad/
garbage/source/java/org/apache/garbage/serializer/XHTMLSerializer.java?
rev=1.3&view=auto

It's in the scratchpad.

	Pier