cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] The right container for 2.2
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:18:54 GMT
+1 for reverting to ECM right now to have a more stable 2.2 base.

On 19 Mar 2004, at 10:03, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>
>> +1 as this move shouldn't have any impact to Pier's container *if* we
>> decide to use it.

Will you guys stop spoiling surprises? :-( :-(

> Yes, "*if*" is a good remark here.

As a word of warning to the ones listening, I am developing a container
implementing "blocks" in a way very-very-very similar to the Cocoon
requirements to be used in my employer's web back-end (front end will
be Cocoon 2.1 as-is).

As I explained to some of you, I'm actively developing it for VNU right
now, but I am shooting for a more "stable" release with implemented
blocks for sometimes next week... More news to follow...

>> It's up to you Carsten if you want to risk
>> that ECM is
>> replaced again in a few weeks.
>
> Thanks :) - But I don't have any problem with this.

I think that if we want to implement "real" blocks, and if the
container supports "real" blocks, the core problem won't be the
container itself, but the infra-blocks contracts, especially related to
class loading core in the VM and lookup issues as each block could be
seen as a different "isolates".

And those issues would be reflected on the implementation of the
blocks, and their components, themselves...

At least, that's my thought, and as I always say, I might be completely
wrong.

	Pier