cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: current CVS: XSP broken
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:03:36 GMT

On Mar 24, 2004, at 3:54 AM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 20.03.2004 21:42, leo leonid wrote:
>
>> Exactly, nobody, neither I did, that was not my concern.
>> Please take a moment and try to see it from my perspective.
>
> I did not expect that you or anybody specific answers on this
> temporary problem, but *that* anybody answers.
>
>> I use the CVS version for developing, and I'm aware of the
>> implications, that things can change or even break by the ongoing
>> development process. May be it is just a coincidence, or it may be
>> due to the fact that you are one of the most active committers -
>> anyhow -  your last commits put my projects in a fine mess.
>
> Sorry for that.

no need, I was *not* complaining, as you see...

Subject:    "AbstractXMLProducer patch consequences"

> I assume that people living from CVS also read the developers list.

I do. But IMO you can't assume your mail (with that subject) could get
the needed visibility.

> Therefore I would not update my Cocoon if I knew that something is
> broken. Of course we avoid non-working as far as possible, but there
> also must be some time to discuss about things. If something is broken
> this highers the need for discussion while maybe somebody would not
> answer if it's not broken (lazy ass syndrom, "let it as it is").

I think I see your point, but I ask you to keep proportions in mind.

/leo

(the following seems to be a misunderstanding, probably due to my bad
english skills, sorry!)